Learn how to make granola at home! Our homemade granola is a quick, easy, kid-friendly, gluten free AND healthy recipe that the entire family can make together and enjoy for breakfast or as a snack.
HEALTHY GRANOLA RECIPE
by the Childrens Cancer Recovery Foundation
3 cups rolled oats (gluten free)
1 cup raw walnut pieces
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cranberries (or dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 250 F
- In a large bowl, add and stir together oats, nuts, coconut, spices and coconut sugar.
- In a small bowl, add and stir together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt.
- Combine and stir both mixtures together. Pour and spread evenly onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or until toasted (not burned!) and lighted browned (to your preference).
- Remove from oven. Add dried cranberries (or dried fruit) and stir into granola.
- Let mixture completely cool, then pour into and store in glass sealable food containers.
Enjoy plain or with yogurt and fruit.
Learn how to clean the kitchen naturally with lemon! Here are 4 toxic-free ways to use lemons instead of chemical-filled cleaners:
1) Cutting Board
Sprinkle salt on a cutting board and scrub with a lemon half (cut side down) while squeezing slightly. Let the lemon salt mixture sit for 5 minutes (or overnight for tough stains), then scrape off and rinse.
2) Refrigerator Air Freshener
Place lemon halves in refrigerator for a few hours to eliminate odors.
3) Sink Garbage Disposal
Pour lemon and ice cubes down into the sink. Run garbage disposal until lemon and ice have passed through completely.
Add 1/2 cup water into a microwavable bowl. Squeeze one lemon and add halves into bowl. Place in microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes. Let the container sit in the microwave (unopened) for 5 minutes. Remove the container and wipe down the microwave with clean cloth.
Have more tips? Share them in the comments below!
Stay tuned for more toxic-free tips and advice on how to clean your home naturally and without harmful chemicals!
Follow us on Facebook for daily tips, stories and motivation at https://www.facebook.com/childrenscancerrecovery
Eat pizza and be healthy too! Create a fun snack with naturally colorful fruit like watermelon, coconut, bananas, blueberries and mint. It's a great edible craft that the whole family will enjoy!
Recipe brought to you by the Children's Cancer Recovery Foundation
FRUIT PIZZA RECIPE
- Watermelon, whole
- Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- Banana, sliced
- Mint leaves
Note: Try to choose fresh, organic ingredients and wash fruit well before consuming.
- Slice watermelon into 1 inch circle slices.
- Lay one slice flat on a cutting board or plate.
- Top with coconut flakes, banana slices, blueberries, torn mint leaves, and again with more coconut - or your favorite fresh toppings!
- Cut, serve and enjoy immediately with family and friends.
National Cancer Survivors Day falls this year on Sunday, June 7th! National Cancer Survivors Day is a celebration for cancer survivors and demonstrates that you CAN beat cancer! This day falls on the second Sunday of June every year and serves as an inspiration for those recently diagnosed, support for families struggling, and a way for the community to come together and give back.
Celebrate this special day by honoring a cancer survivor or a loved one by helping children and their families who are still struggling with cancer. Your donation today and on June 7th makes a difference. Please join us in the fight against cancer!
Why should I get Involved?
- Honor a Cancer Survivor! Show your support and join the celebration.
- Give in memory of a loved one, family member, or friend.
- Help children and their families in need that are currently struggling with cancer.
How can I help?
- Go to Support.ChildrensCancerRecovery.org/NCSD
- Click OR . By becoming a fundraiser you can create your own account, join or start a team, and get others involved! If you don't want to start a fundraiser for National Cancer Survivors Day, you can click the "Donate Now" button instead. This way you can make a donation - even in honor or memory of a loved one.
- Now share the news! Please share your fundraising page, create a team, and invite your friends and family to make a donation at Support.ChildrensCancerRecovery.org/NCSD on or before June 7th.
Thank You for your support
With your donation, you can give a gift in honor of a survivor, loved one, and to help those who are still struggling with cancer.
Through the generosity of people like you, we can continue to assist children and their families who are facing the hardships of a cancer diagnosis. The Foundation focuses on improving the mental, social and emotional well-being of these families while helping to minimize the devastation that cancer can cause.
On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, the First Annual Spring/The Woodlands Cottage Bakers Charity Event was held at Envy Wine Room in Spring, Texas. The free event featured local bakers from the Spring and The Woodlands area who offered tasty treats to attendees while raising funds for the Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation (CCRF).
Local bakers offered free samples and donated crave-worthy cookies, decorated cakes, and gift baskets in the silent auction to benefit the charity. The Envy Wine Room not only opened it’s doors and patio to event attendees on the gorgeous evening from 6 to 8pm, but also donated $1 of all wine and beer sales, $6 from each bottle sold, and 20% of all boutique sales on the night of the event to the foundation.
The talented Emily Cole provided live music and shared both popular tunes and original pieces such as “Stayed Strong”. A special guest appearance was even made by CCRF’s Hugs the bear who joined in the fun and posed in photos with fans.
A special thank you to Envy Wine Room and the Spring/Woodlands Cottage Bakers for hosting the event and raising funds for CCRF! Watch the video below for event highlights and moments from the grand event:
Couldn’t attend? With your generosity, you can help support children with cancer and their families by making a donation here: support.childrenscancerrecovery.org
Check out the talented local bakers and their sweet treats at…
Le Cookie Gourmet: https://www.facebook.com/LeCookieGourmet
Naughty Bites: https://www.facebook.com/NawtyBites
Bunkie’s Bakery: https://www.facebook.com/BunkiesBakery
Jamie’s Just Baked: https://www.facebook.com/jamiesjustbaked
Cheryl’s Homemade Cakes: https://www.facebook.com/CherylsHomemadeCakesCupcakes
Sweets by Jewel: https://www.facebook.com/Sweettreatsbyjewel
A La Tarte: https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-La-Tarte/850266495024029
The song “Stayed Strong” by Emily Cole is available for on iTunes:
Want to create your own event and help raise funds for Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation? Join our team and get involved! Use your creativity and passion to take an active role by fundraising, donating or spreading awareness for our cause.
Click here to create your own fundraiser.