Top 5 of 2015
It's been another excellent year here at Children's Cancer Recovery Foundation! Together, with the help of our amazing supporters, CCRF served 16,995 children during 2015! Below are our top 5 accomplishments of 2015:
In 2015, CCRF welcomed five new members to the Board of Directors to help guide the Foundation toward a bright future of serving children battling cancer across the country.
- President - Stephen Dukes
- Vice President - J. Andrew Miller
- Secretary - Jocelyn Davis
- Director - Keonna Bonner
- Director - Martin Dumic
Cancer often isolates children from their friends and the activities they love. The Camp Scholarship Program allows children in remission to reconnect with those friends and activities. The program provides funding for a camp of their choice; sports, music, art, science, horseback riding, skiing or whatever activities they missed most during treatment.
Learn more about our amazing campers below!
- January - CCRF Funds Special Love Ski Weekend for Families Dealing with Cancer
- July - CCRF Sponsored 24 Pediatric Cancer Patients for Camp iHope
- August - CCRF Grants $10,000 Scholarship to Camp Can Do
Learn more about our incredible volunteers below!
- April - Yuengling’s Ice Cream’s One Millionth Quart Auction Benefits CCRF
- May - Best-Selling Author Donates Proceeds of New Book to CCRF
- June - Girl Scout Troop Packs Gifts for Camp iHope Campers
- September - Barrett Family Fundraiser
- October - Field Hockey Team Raises Awareness for Childhood Cancer
- November - NEC SAAC Raises Money to Benefit Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation
- December - Northwest Consumer Discount Partners with CCRF
Families of children with cancer often face financial difficulties. Suddenly, household bills become overwhelming; utilities are in jeopardy of being shut-off or an eviction notice is received. The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency bridge payments directly to utility companies and landlords, ensuring that each child has a warm, safe place to call home while recovering from cancer.
Read more about our CCRF kids and their incredible families below!
The Foundation delivers gifts to thousands of children each year through the national Bear-Able Gifts Program. When the toys arrive at their destination, its then up to the social workers and child life specialists to see the toys are distributed. Some hospitals give each child something when they come in for treatment. Some children receive a special gift on their birthday. Others will place toys in their play centers for all the children to enjoy. The possibilities are endless and the smiles are contagious!
Read some Bear-Able Gift highlights below!
- May - Q2 Toy Shipment Is On Its Way!
- December - 3,747 Children Receive Gifts in Time for the Holidays