Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
Learn how to make granola at home! Our homemade granola is a quick, easy, kid-friendly, gluten free AND healthy recipe that the entire family can make together and enjoy for breakfast or as a snack.
HEALTHY GRANOLA RECIPE
by the Childrens Cancer Recovery Foundation
3 cups rolled oats (gluten free)
1 cup raw walnut pieces
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cranberries (or dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 250 F
- In a large bowl, add and stir together oats, nuts, coconut, spices and coconut sugar.
- In a small bowl, add and stir together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt.
- Combine and stir both mixtures together. Pour and spread evenly onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or until toasted (not burned!) and lighted browned (to your preference).
- Remove from oven. Add dried cranberries (or dried fruit) and stir into granola.
- Let mixture completely cool, then pour into and store in glass sealable food containers.
Enjoy plain or with yogurt and fruit.